September 2020

POTTER HEIGHAM PARISH COUNCIL

Minutes of meeting on Wednesday 16 September, 2020, 7.30 pm. at the Village Hall

 

Present: Mr. G. Playford (acting Chairman),Mr. R. Graves-Morris, Mr. H. May, Mr. R. Lovick, Mr. B. Standen,     M/s S. Turner, Mr. David Balls (Clerk), and no Members of the Public.

1. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE: Mr. P. Rice, Mr. S. Chapman, Mrs. A. Harford, Mr. J. Chasemore, Mr. T. Bradford,      Mr. H. Blaythwayte (NNDC) and Mr. Richard Price (NCC)

 

2. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST 

3. MINUTES OF AUGUST 2020 MEETING

It was proposed by Mr. R. Graves-Morris, seconded by Mr. H. May and unanimously agreed that the August, 2020 minutes be signed.

 

4. PROGRESS REPORTS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES

(a) The Clerk updated the council on the latest position regarding the “Rule Six” guidance and pointed out that whilst  meetings in village halls for the holding of Parish Council meetings are permitted subject to “Corona Virus” and “Covid 19” safety measures being in place, however some members are concerned that it is still not a safe way forward. With this in mind it was agreed that in future while the “Rule Six” ruling is still in place remote access will be available to all councillors at face to face Parish Council meetings. M/s Sheridan Turner agreed to set this up in advance of the October meeting.

(b) Highways:

 (i) The Clerk reported that he has met with the local highway technician who agrees that a double sided chevron sign on sharpest point of bend on Ludham Road would be more beneficial than a series of reflector posts.

(c) Matt Dann (BA) reports that flood alleviation work and Staithe resurfacing will now commence on 14 September and will last approximately 2 weeks

(d) Any latest news from the Well Being Task project and how parish council’s can help the local community will be relayed to the council by Mrs. Harford.

(e) The Clerk explained the latest developments regarding a replacement website. Following a long discussion it was unanimously agreed that the current “NorfolK Parishes Word Press” website is outdated and “grey” compared to the Sothrepps website managed by “WiX”. Mr. Standen agreed to design a trial site for Potter Heigham which will then be distributed to all members for debate and consideration.

(f) Mr. Standen gave an update and report on the SAM 2 device which is now in place on Bridge Road. Mr. Standen has now retrieved the latest data which will be forwarded to the police and all members. The Clerk will forward these latest speed figures to Mary Haslam for publishing in the gazette.

 

5. POLICE REPORT – Latest report is in circulation box

Mr. Playford reported numerous cases of burglary from his property at Red Roof Farm on Ludham Road. The police are currently investigating and have one culprit who they are charging with the offences. Mr. Playford reported this as a warning to other residents in the village that they should be made aware that this activity is still ongoing.

 

6. CORRESPONDENCE AND PUBLICATIONS FOR INFORMATION

Correspondence

(a) The Clerk reported annual interest received from Cambridge & Counties savings account is £213.20

Items for circulation

(a) Clerk and Councils Direct                       (c) UTWG update

(b) BA – Broads Briefing                                                     

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        

7. ADJOURNMENT FOR PUBLIC TIME

The meeting was adjourned for Public Time from 8.31 pm. to 8.43 pm.

 Q. Sheridan Turner asked if the Council had a “Strategic Business Plan”. The Clerk pointed out that it had never been discussed before.

 A. Sheridan will investigate other plans and report back with a way forward.

 Q. Sheridan Turner asked for a copy of the Code of Conduct.

 A. The Clerk will forward to all new councilors a copy of the Code of Conduct together with a copy of the approved Standing orders

8. PLANNING MATTERS

(a) Notices of decision – Nothing received

(b) New Application(s):

 (i) PF/20/1318 – proposed single-storey side and rear extension and rear extension at 6, Reynolds Lane - withdrawn

 

9. REPORTS FROM PARISH COUNCIL OFFICERS AND OTHER MEMBER

(a) Allotments – Nothing to report

(b) Drainage – Nothing to report.

(c) Environment – Nothing to report

(d) Footpaths – Nothing to report

(e) Highways

  • Mr. May reported that grass verge on Bridge Road is again overgrowing the double yellow parking restriction lines between Causeway Caravan Park and Lathams. The Clerk will report this to the highways department

  • Mr. May reported that large trees in rear gardens of Bower Close are overhanging the carriageway of Ludham Road. The Clerk will inspect first before taking any action.

  • The Clerk reported that Mr. Paul Gladden has painted the bus shelter opposite the post office. He has also replaced the PVC windows in the shelter

(f) Staithe Area – Nothing to report

 

10. REPORTS FROM OTHER BODIES

(a) VHMC – Mr. Graves-Morris, Chairman of the VHMC explained and outlined the special conditions now imposed and in place in the village hall during the Covid 19 outbreak based on ACRE recommendation, together with the related Risk Assessment.

Mr. Graves-Morris also reported that the next Village Hall AGM is at 7.30 pm. on Wednesday 30 September.  

(b) Trust Fund – Nothing to report

(c) NCC/NNDC – NNDC updated pandemic report received from NNDC Councillor Harry Blaythwayte   

(d) BA Working Groups – Nothing to report

(e) Ludham School – No report received

 

11. FINANCIAL REPORT & APPROVAL OF PAYMENTS - For authorisation, if agreed.

Bank balances on 16.9.20.                                                            Bills for payment

PC c/a        £4,451.07     Savings a/c £12,579.82                        D. G. Balls: salary less tax                 £369.72

Allot. c/a      £7,825.26                                                                    expenses   £ 49.88                            £419.60

                                                                                                           Revenue and Customs                     £ 92.20

Received since last meeting – nothing received                     URM/Berryman (glass collection)  £ 21.90

Cambridge Counties interest             £213.20    Mr. Gladden (painting bus shelter)            £606.00

                                              David Balls – 3 padlocks for SAM 2            £ 21.90

                                              Section 137 donations                     £255.00                                                              

It was proposed by Mr. R. Graves-Morris seconded by Mr. B. Standen that the above accounts be paid.

                                                                                  

12. CONSULTATIONS AND ENQUIRIES – There were no consultation items for discussion

                                                                  

 

The Chairman closed the meeting at 9.09 pm.