July 2020

POTTER HEIGHAM PARISH COUNCIL

Minutes of Annual Parish Council Meeting on Wednesday 15 July, 2020 at 7.30 in the Village Hall

 

Present: Mr. J. Chasemore, Mr. G. Playford, Mr. R. Graves-Morris, Mr. B. Standen, Mr. R. Lovick, Mr. S. Chapman,            Mrs. A. Harford, Mr. H. May, Mr. D. Balls (Clerk), and 2 Members of the Public - Mrs. A. Fulker and Mrs. D. Elliot

1. ELECTION OF CHAIRMAN

On the nomination of Mr. S. Chapman, seconded by Mrs. A. Harford (there were no other nominations) Mr. Jonathan Chasemore was unanimously elected Chairman by the Council for the year 2020/ 2021.

2. ELECTION OF VICE-CHAIRMAN

On the nomination of Mr. S. Chapman, seconded by Mr. H. May (there being no other nominations) Mr. P. Rice was unanimously elected Vice-chairman for the year 2020/2021

         

3. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE: Mr. P. Rice, Mr. T. Bradford and Mr. R. Price (NCC)

4. DECLARATION OF INTEREST None received                                               

 

5. ELECTION OF HONORARY OFFICERS AND COMMITTEE MEMBERS

The following appointments were made:

Drainage Officers – Mr. May and Mr. T. Bradford

Footpath Officers – Mr. R. Lovick and Mrs. A. Harford.

Allotment’s Committee – Mr. Playford (Manager), and Mr. Rice

Environment Officer – Mrs. A. Harford

Ludham School Representative – reports given to Clerk

Staithe Committee – Mr. May, and Mr. S. Chapman.

Representatives on VHMC – Mr. May, Mr. T. Bradford, Mr. Graves-Morris, Mr. B. Standen, Mr. J. Chasemore, and Mrs. A. Harford. 

Representatives on Upper Thurne Working Group – Mr. May.

Police Liaison Officer – Mrs. A. Harford..

Internal Finance Officers – Mr. S. Chapman and Mr. P. Rice

Independent Finance Examiner – Mrs. G. Tooke of Rollesby.

 

6. MINUTES/AGENDA UPDATES OF FEBRUARY – JUNE, 2020

Proposed by Mrs. A. Harford, seconded by Mr. S. Chapman and unanimously agreed that these 2020 minutes/agenda updates be signed.

7. PROGRESS REPORTS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES

(a) Highways report the following:

 (i) The two broken post on the grass triangle outside the Church have been programmed for replacement.

 (ii) The broken iron off-let gulley in kerb-line of Bridge Road has been programmed for replacement with a cast concrete one.

 (iii) The Clerk has written to the owners of overhanging hedges abutting Bower Close and Station Road asking for them to be trimmed back from carriageway edge. Both owners have responded very quickly by cutting these hedges back.

 (iv) The Clerk reported that he has trimmed back vegetation from numerous highway signs and road nameplates.

 (v) The second rural and main road grass cut has started.

 (vi) All urban surface dressing sites have been removed from this year’s schedule due to the current pandemic which has to allow easy access to the roads in question

 (vii) Outstanding pothole repairs are being addressed, many of which have already been repaired, however the Clerk will continue to chase those which are outstanding.

(b) Notification received from Lucy Burchnall that the Project Leader Matt Dane is dealing with the flooding on the Staithe, however a start date has not yet been agreed. The Clerk will chase.

(c) Communication received from Nicky Debbage and Anna Clarke (NNDC) outlining the latest affordable housing developments regarding the preferred site which Flagship would like to move forward with. The land being looked at is on the junction of Green Lane and School Road. The team who expressed an interest in a Community Led Project will act as a sounding board for an Exception Housing Site project. When a clearer design process has been established this will be shared with the Council for their views.

(d) The Clerk updated on the good work being provide by the Village Volunteers Group in the village. He explained that Mrs. Maggie Tween is leading a group of approximately 15 volunteers who are helping with various collections and deliveries for vulnerable people in the village.

(e) The Clerk reports that the SAM 2 device has been paid for by County Councillor Richard Price out of his annual allowance and is now with the suppliers of the device, Westotec who will, once it has been delivered arrange training dates.

(f) Notification received from Paul Gladden that due to the pandemic repainting and re-glazing the bus shelter has been delayed, however now that certain restrictions have been lifted he will start shortly.

 

8. PETER SANDELL AWARD 2019

The Chairman read out the letter of citation by Mrs. J. Wilkins and 14 members of the Village Hall Tea Party Group and presented Mr. Robin Graves-Morris a small framed certificate to mark the Award for the year 2019/

.

9. POLICE REPORT - update in circulation box.

 

  

10. CORRESPONDENCE AND PUBLICATIONS FOR INFORMATION

Correspondence

(a) Letter received from M/s Sheridan Turner applying for the vacant position of Parish Coucillor. It was proposed by Mrs. A. Harford, seconded by Mr. S. Chapman and unanimously agreed to co-opt M/s Turner onto the council forthwith.

(b) Letter received from Mr. Paul Rice apologising for his absence from tonight’s meeting through ill health. He also pointed out that he is willing to stand as a nominee for the positions of either Chairman or Vice-chairman.

Items for circulation

(a) Clerk and Councils Direct                            (d) Neighbourhood Policing Newsletter

(b) BA – Broads Briefing                                (e) CPRE – Countryside Voice/Fieldwork

(c) Broads Authority – The Harnser/Newsletter           (f) Broads Authority – Flood Risk Document

                                                                                                                                                                        

11. ADJOURNMENT FOR PUBLIC TIME

The meeting was adjourned for Public time – nothing to discuss and no questions asked.

 

12. PLANNING MATTERS

(a) Notices of decisions: None received

(b) New Applications: None received

 

The Clerk pointed out that the NNDC planners have refused the Glebe Farm application for the conversion of barns to residential units. The planners have indicated that an appeal is now very likely in the forthcoming future.

 

13. REPORTS FROM PARISH COUNCIL OFFICERS AND OTHER MEMBERS

(a) Allotments – The Clerk reported that following a large number of requests for garden plots during the pandemic he has now filled all vacant plots.

(b) Drainage –Nothing to report

(c) Environment – Mrs. Harford reported that she is continuing to monitor fly-tipping and rubbish waste on highway verges.

(d) Footpaths – Nothing to report.

(e) Highways – Nothing more to report.

(f) Staithe Area – Mr. May reported that the North East Riverbank Tenants association are now looking after the Parish Council Staithe planters. They have spent a total of £53.63 on plants which Mr. May’s boatyard business has kindly paid for. 

 

14. REPORTS FROM OTHER BODIES

(a) VHMC – Mr. Graves-Morris reported on the re-painting of the hall together with a report on the replacement ceiling and lighting which is now in place. Mr. Graves-Morris explained how the hall has recently been deep cleaned and Covid 19 sprayed, he also gave instructions on the risk assessments carried out and what precautions have to be taken on board by all hall users.

(b) Trust Fund – 2019 Annual Report prepared by Chairman, Mr. Stan Chapman circulated to all councilors.

(c) Area/Coastal Forum – Nothing to report.

(d) NCC/NNDC – Mr. Blaythwayte (NNDC) gave updates throughout meeting on various issues including the use of a SAM 2 device in other local parishes and items of interest concerning the CoronaVirus/Covid 19 pandemic.  

(e) Ludham School – No report received.

(f) BA and BA Working Groups – Nothing to report

 

15. FINANCIAL REPORT & APPROVAL OF PAYMENTS - For authorisation, if agreed.

Bank balances on 15. 07. 20.                                   Bills for payment

PC c/a         £5,460.58     Saving Account £12,366.62     D. G. Balls: salary less tax    £369.76

Allot. c/a      £7,825.26                                                                         expenses                 £ 50.83          £  420.59

                                                                                                 Revenue and Customs                                £   92.20 

Received since last meeting                                              URM – glass collection                                £   21.96

Allotment rents now all in                                   

                                                                 

It was proposed by Mr. S. Chapman, seconded by Mrs. A. Harford that the above accounts be paid.                                                                                                                              

Internal Audit for Last Quarter carried out by Mr. P. Rice, Mr. S. Chapman and Mr. G. Playford – no problems identified

 

16. ANNUAL ACCOUNTS FOR 2019/2020

It was proposed by Mr. S. Chapman, seconded by Mrs. A. Harford and unanimously agreed that the receipts and payments accounts and bank reconciliation presented by the Clerk be approved and signed by the Chairman for forwarding to auditors P.K.F. Littlejohn

 

17. CONSULTATIONS AND ENQUIRIES – There were no items to discuss.

 

The Chairman closed the meeting 8.38 pm.