August 2020

POTTER HEIGHAM PARISH COUNCIL

Minutes of meeting on Wednesday 19 August, 2020, 7.30 pm. at the Village Hall

 

Present: Mr. J. Chasemore, Mr. R. Graves-Morris, Mr. S. Chapman, Mr. H. May, Mr. P. Rice, Mr. R. Lovick, Mr. B. Standen,      Mrs. A. Harford, M/s S. Turner, Mr. H. Blaythwayte (NNDC), Mr. David Balls (Clerk), and no Members of the Public.   

1. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE: Mr. G. Playford, Mr. T. Bradford, and Mr. Richard Price (NCC)

 

2. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST

Mr. P. Rice items 9a and Broads Authority/Broads Society and Mr. R. Lovick item 8(b)(i)

 

3. MINUTES OF JULY APCM 2020 MEETING

It was proposed by Mr. H. May, seconded by Mr. P. Rice and unanimously agreed that the January, 2020 minutes be signed.

 

4. PROGRESS REPORTS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES

(a) Highways:

 (i) The Clerk reported that broken bough from large oak tree at top of Station Road junction with Church Road was quickly removed by highway contractors

 (ii) Following a report from Robert regarding the dangerous situation on the Ludham road bends near Gordon’s property Red Roof Farm where there has been accidents of late. The Clerk reported that he has inspected these bends and it appears that the series of reflector posts around this bend have all disappeared (probably by the grass cutting contractor). The Clerk is meeting with the highway engineer with a suggestion to have installed chevrons approaching both bends together with reflector posts in position again.

 (iii) The Clerk has written to property owners regarding dangerously parked vehicles outside Mulberry Tree House, Station Road and Broads Haven Care home, Bridge Road.

 (iv) Following a complaint about overgrowing hedge and trees along first section of Mill Road the Clerk reported that he quickly went out on site and trimmed them back.

(b) Matt Dann (BA) reports that flood alleviation work and Staithe resurfacing are to commence on 7 September and will last approximately 2 weeks

(c) Mr. Rice reported on latest news from the Well Being Task project and how parish councils can help the local community. Mrs. Harford will publish any forthcoming updates in the Gazette.

(d) The Clerk reported that “Westcotec” are expecting delivery of the SAM 2 device any time soon and once in receipt of this device they will contact the Clerk regarding training dates.

(e) The Clerk reported on the latest position regarding the Meadow Court flooding issues in that following extensive enquiries with BA, Environment Agency and Anglian Water it has now been established that Anglian Water have programmed the installation of a new pump and control panel in the pump house near Meadow Court which currently is unable to cope in severe storm conditions. Depending on funding this work is to be carried out during the current financial year.

 

5. POLICE REPORT – Nothing to report.

 

6. CORRESPONDENCE AND PUBLICATIONS FOR INFORMATION

Correspondence

(a) The Clerk reported that Cambridge Counties savings account is being reduced by 0.25% from September to 1.25%. It was unanimously agreed to continue on these new terms.

(b) Letter received from Mrs. Carole Croft regarding fly-tipping outside number 2 Reynolds Lane. The Clerk reported that this not the first time the council has had to deal with this situation. NNDC Councillor Mr. Harry Blaythwayte explained that NNDC environment section have been told and are dealing with.             

Items for circulation

(a) CPRE – Countryside Voice/Fieldwork                       (c) NCC – Hazardous Waste Days notice

(b) BA – Broads Briefing                                                     

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     

7. ADJOURNMENT FOR PUBLIC TIME

The meeting was adjourned for Public Time from 8.16 pm. to 8.21 pm.

Mr. Harry Blaythwayte reported that NNDC staff are getting back to normal bearing in mind that the latest pandemic is being controlled more effectively.

 

8. PLANNING MATTERS

(a) Notices of decision – Nothing received

(b) New Application(s):

 (i) PF/20/1318 – proposed single-storey rear extension with roof terrace above at “Applewood”, Market Road for Mrs. D. Wassme - proposed by Mr. R. Lovick, seconded by Mr. P. Rice And unanimously agreed to offer “no objections” to this proposal.

 

 

9. REPORTS FROM PARISH COUNCIL OFFICERS AND OTHER MEMBERS

(a) Allotments – Mr. Rice reported that broken gate on his Market Road field plot allotment has been replaced by a new gate.

(b) Drainage – Nothing to report.

(c) Environment – Nothing to report

(d) Footpaths – Nothing to report

(e) Highways

 (i) Mr. May reports that he has reported to Broads Authority that trees and hedges abutting their land are overgrowing verge of main A149 and obscuring visibility on exiting The Causeway

 (ii) Mr. Rice that he has reported to the highways department that illuminated “keep left” signs on A149/Station Road islands are not lit at night.

(f) Staithe Area

Mrs. Harford commented on how well the planters on the Staithe have been maintained and how good they are looking this year.

 

10. REPORTS FROM OTHER BODIES

(a) VHMC – Mr. Graves-Morris, Chairman of the VHMC explained and outlined the special conditions now imposed and in place during the Covid 19 outbreak based on ACRE recommendation, together with the related Risk Assessment. 

(b) Trust Fund – Forthcoming meeting put on hold until April

(c) NCC/NNDC – Received report from NNDC Councillor Harry Blaythwayte   

(d) BA Working Groups – Nothing to report

(e) Ludham School – No report received

 

11. FINANCIAL REPORT & APPROVAL OF PAYMENTS - For authorisation, if agreed.

Bank balances on 19.08.20.                                                         Bills for payment

PC c/a        £4,909.83     Savings a/c £12,366.62                     D. G. Balls: salary less tax     £369.72

Allot. c/a      £7,675.41                                                                  expenses                                  £ 58.29       £ 428.01

                                                                                                        Revenue and Custom             £ 92.20

Received since last meeting – nothing received                   URM/Berryman (glass collection)           £   14.40                                                                         

It was proposed by Mr. S. Chapman seconded by Mr. H. May that the above accounts be paid.

 

12. SECTION 137 COMMUNITY DONATIONS

It was unanimously agreed to leave the Community Donations list the same as last year but excluding the Tea Party donation because as Mr. Chapman pointed out that the Trust Fund contributes a donation to their funds.

                                                                                  

13. CONSULTATIONS AND ENQUIRIES – There were no consultation items for discussion

                                                                                                    

 

The Chairman closed the meeting at 8.46 pm.